Fireship Press accepts submissions for manuscripts (80,000 -- 120,000 words) in the broad category of Nautical and Historical Fiction and Nonfiction. We have published fiction and nonfiction in areas such as:
- Age of Sail,
- Revolutionary Wars in the US and in Europe
- The Middle Ages and Crusades
- The Renaissance
- The American Civil War
- Other countries Civil wars
- The American West
- 20th Century Military History
- Empire including Europe, Russia, Asia and Africa
Under the Cortero imprint, we are now accepting works in other genres:
- Fantasy with a historical setting, or Alternative history
- Murder Mysteries
- Action & Adventure
- Suspense / Thrillers
- Health / Fitness
What sells best, especially in historical, is action & adventure or thrillers. We do not currently consider erotica, horror, young adult or children’s books, textbooks, or books that are exclusively romance. If your story has a romance in it, but primarily falls into another of our accepted genres, we will consider it.
Publishing: All new books are published as paperback and/or an ebook.
Print On Demand.
Our books are published as POD (print on demand) paperbacks and will be available to the title lists of major book distributors in the United States and Canada, so any customer, at any store, can order it. Fireship also provides Print on Demand for markets in the UK, Australia, and South Africa.
Fireship Press currently publishes new titles in one, or more, of the following ebook formats: ePub and Mobi
Fireship Press contracts for completed manuscripts only.
Submission Checklist for Fireship and Cortero
Attach an query letter in an email that includes:
- a brief synopsis of the work
- a short bio of the author's writing experience
- how many words
- what genre
- If you already have an author platform
- If this work you are submitting has been published before and when
- For non-fiction books - please also include an outline or detailed chapter list.
- Please include your name and contact information on your query and synopsis.
If we are interested in your synopsis, we will request three sample chapters in MicroSoft Word. Format: double-spaced with 12pt Times New Roman font. Please include your name and contact information on your sample chapters.
All enquires should be sent to: email@example.com.
Please allow us time to review before getting back to you.
Thank you for your interest in publishing with Fireship Press / Cortero. We look forward to reading your work.